Today my guest is Queenie Tan. She’s a 26-year-old Sydneysider who has amassed over 350K followers on various social media platforms. Raised by a single dad in Sydney, Queenie was earning $400 a week after she moved out of home at just age 19. A few years later she was able to save a $100,000 property deposit and now at age 26, has a net worth of half a million dollars.
Some of the topics we cover in today’s episode are:
- Queenie’s upbringing and relationship with money (00:02:12)
- How Queenie built her net worth to $500K by age 26 (00:10:03)
- Dropping out of uni to start earning money (00:15:40)
- Changing jobs every couple of years (00:21:11)
- Queenie’s thoughts on the term “Finfluencer” (00:46:28)
- Financial content creators and the ASIC guidelines (00:51:09)
- Sydney housing markets and financial freedom (01:05:34)
- Website – Invest with Queenie
- YouTube – Invest with Queenie
- Instagram – Invest with Queenie
- TikTok – Invest with Queenie
Hello, What was the book recommendation both you and Queenie suggested to ‘amp up’ motivation? I was listening to the podcast in the car and didn’t write it down 🙁 Thanks!
“Can’t Hurt Me” by David Goggins
What Cheezy Puff said 🙂