Today is a very special episode because if you had told me 10 years ago that I would be chatting to Steve McKnight on my own podcast, I would have never believed you.
Steve is a professional investor, media commentator and online entrepreneur. But he’s probably most famous in the FIRE community for his book “From 0 to 130 Properties in 3.5 Years”.
This was actually the second book about financial independence that I ever read and completely changed my life. Steve is one of three people who I’d consider as the most influential figures for me to come across throughout my investing journey so as you could imagine, this was a special episode for me personally.
Some of the topics we cover in today’s episode are:
- Burnout and seeking an alternative path (00:06:15)
- Investing in property (00:17:37)
- Vendor financing (00:20:51)
- Australia’s housing market is a Ponzi scheme (00:27:44)
- Online entrepreneurship (00:46:30)
- Finding meaning beyond financial independence (01:11:37)