Today I’m chatting with Katy Winter who may be the very first Aussie FIRE blogger ever! Katy has an inspiring story of overcoming disadvantages and adversity to pursue financial independence as a parent in a household of 5 kids.
Some of the topics in today’s episode include:
Katy’s backstory and how the Wealthy Winters FIRE blog came about way back in 2014.
Katy’s experience of suddenly losing her mum when she was 8 months pregnant with her second daughter.
An unexpected inheritance and what she did with the money.
Katy’s journey from Minimalism to Barefoot Investor to FIRE and what really matters in life.
Parenthood – Katy shares tips for those who are thinking about having kids while pursuing financial independence.
How Katy got started with investing and what she bought first.
- Blog archive – Wealthy Winters
- Facebook group – Financial Independence & Early Retirement Australia
- Book – Early Retirement Extreme – Jacob Lund Fisker
- Aussie HIFIRE – FIRE and Kids – The cost of raising children in Australia
- Book – The Whole-Brain Child: 12 revolutionary strategies to Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind – Tina Payne Bryson
Heads up grammar Nazis, the following transcription is half human half machine and not 100% perfect so expect a few typos and errors…