This episode is a follow-up to my previous conversation with Vijay Boyapati about Bitcoin.
Today Mark Monfort joins me to talk about other Cryptocurrencies, Web3 and DeFi. Mark has worn many hats in his career working as an equities and macroeconomic analyst in Melbourne and London and has also spent time in sales at the ASX. Mark is a TradFi native turned DeFi convert and is passionate about building communities in Web3.
Some of the topics we cover are:
- How did Mark get involved with Crypto? (07:45)
- What is Web3? (10:00)
- Why use blockchain technology and what problem is it solving? (13:40)
- What is DeFi? (22:01)
- Bitcoin vs all the others. What is there to consider? (31:43)
- What Cryptocurrencies does Mark “invest” in? (41:54)
- Energy concerns about Cryptocurrencies (44:18)
- Proof-of-Work vs Proof-of-Stake? (53:50)