Today I’m joined by Owen Raszkiewicz from the Australian Finance Podcast and the Australian Investors Podcast. Owen is the founder of Rask which is a financial and investment education company based in Melbourne. Prior to founding Rask, Owen was an investment analyst at the managed funds research business Zenith Investment Partners and a Writer/Analyst for The Motley Fool Australia. We touch on a lot of interesting topics in this pod but one area that I was really keen to pick his brain on is active investing. Owen has a breadth of knowledge in this area that far exceeds my own and I think it’s good to hear another point of view from an expert.
Some of the topics in today’s episode include:
- Owen shares his personal story of growing up and his relationship with money.
- The light bulb moment when Owen understood a common pathway to financial success.
- Owen’s investing philosophy, principles and personal financial goals.
- What is value investing and how does it work?
- Can an active investor actually beat the market over a long time period following a set of principles and guidelines?
- Do private investors really have an advantage over fund managers?
- What is Rask all about and what does Owen hope to achieve through the company?
- Australian Finance Podcast
- Australian Investors Podcast
- Scott Phillips | Investing in & Growing a Brand
Heads up grammar police, the following transcription is half human half machine and not 100% perfect so expect a few typos and errors…