My guest today is Brandon Ganch who is better known in the FIRE community as the Mad Fientist.
Brandon is an ex-computer programmer turned blogger and podcaster who reached financial independence at the ripe old age of 34 with his wife Jill. It’s always a pleasure to speak with Brandon as one of my financial/investing heroes and someone who’s been on the scene since the early days when I first discovered the concept of FIRE.
Some of the topics we cover in today’s episode are:
- The life-changing event of becoming a parent and how FI has helped (00:07:10)
- Did Brandon really crack the Billboard Top 40 list with his debut album? (00:16:15)
- How to raise a money conscious kid (00:20:13)
- What’s life been like since Brandon quit his day job as a programmer? (00:30:03)
- Difficulties switching from portfolio accumulation to consumption (00:36:50)
- How the utility of money changes as you get older (00:40:22)