Today I’m talking with Dr Cameron Murray. Cameron is a father of two currently living in Brisbane and holds a PhD in Economics from the University of Sydney. You may have seen Cameron in a collection of print media outlets and in TV programs such as Q&A on the ABC. This is a big episode today because Cameron has such a breadth of knowledge across so many areas that affect our ability to retiree early. He has one of the most interesting and original takes on our Super system too which I think a lot of early retirees, such as myself, will be interested in hearing.
Some of the topics we cover in today’s episode are:
- Why Australia should scrap Superannuation since the aged pension is a superior system that costs less and delivers more (00:11:20)
- Housing policies and what changes need to be made to help affordability (00:52:46)
- Money creation and its role in inflation (00:58:27)
- Political corruption and what it costs Australians (01:25:52)
- How to become a better economist (01:31:55)