My guest today is John Pidgeon. John is probably known best as the co-host of the very popular podcast, ‘My Millennial Property’ and has been investing in real estate for over 20 years. I had so much fun with this episode because John and I bounce around all different topics and we even get some footy chit chat in there as well.
Some of the topics we cover are:
- How John got involved with property investing (12:27)
- Bringing up children in a money-conscious household (15:00)
- Private vs public schools (22:37)
- John’s first property investment (27:28)
- His current real estate strategy and what his portfolio looks like (32:34)
- Are first home buyers currently locked out of the market? (50:57)
- Tips for first home buyers (55:55)
- podcast – My Millennial Property
- website – Solvere Wealth
Great episode! Even better that Banger Harvey got a mention.
Haha what a legend!
Great interview. Thanks guys. Great to hear someone call it out that we need to take action and get on with it rather than complaining about house prices etc. It can be done, 5% for first home buyers at the moment and 2% for single parents. Crazy if you don’t take up this opportunity. Government cannot fund all aspects of our lives.
Hi AFB, another nice episode, always enjoy them. Teacher here like your wife (also low socioeconomic school but secondary) and I particularly enjoyed the chat about private vs public education, especially the way you acknowledged some of the many nuances. It’s great that FI affords you the choice but the evidence shows that it is not a good value investment and your children will do equally well in any school sector, so you’d be better off using the excess money to spend on extra curricular activities for your kids. https://theconversation.com/amp/going-to-private-school-wont-make-a-difference-to-your-kids-academic-scores-175638
Thanks for the article John. That was interesting