Today my guest is Carl Jensen who is better known in the FIRE community as Mr. 1500.
He’s a family guy living in Colorado with his wife and two young children and managed to retire at the ripe old age of 43.
Some of the topics we cover in today’s episode are:
- The story behind the name “Mr. 1500” (00:02:06)
- Investment philosophy and strategies (00:07:25)
- Carl’s interest in Tesla and EVs in general (00:18:44)
- Balancing frugality and fulfilment on the path to FI (00:23:49)
- The biggest benefits of achieving FI (00:26:31)
- How Carl handled the cultural challenges of pursuing early retirement (00:39:04)
- What Carl wishes he knew when he started his journey to FI (01:09:58)
- Website – 1500 Days to Freedom