My guest today is Dr Toni Lindsay.
Toni is a clinical psychologist who works primarily with people who are at the end of their life or have a severe illness (usually young people!).
In her own words: “My work has shaped how I think about all this FIRE stuff!”.
Toni is also the author of multiple books but the one which probably has the most application with FIRE would be “The Certainty Myth: How to be resilient when the world keeps changing”.
Some of the topics we cover in today’s episode are:
- What does Toni actually do in the field of clinical psychology? (00:04:02)
- What motivated Toni to write “The Certainty Myth”? (00:15:54)
- How Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) can help with the journey to FI (20:19:00)
- The relationship between uncertainty and anxiety and how we can better manage this (00:55:54)
- Cognitive flexibility – how flexibility can be an antidote to uncertainty (01:01:43)
- How FIRE plays a role in resiliency (01:10:54)
- How Toni’s experience with mortality has shaped her FIRE journey (01:21:50)